Distinguish yourself as a business professional.
Business leaders must be innovative problem-solvers who can think critically, work effectively within a diverse team, and continually learn the latest best practices. Rosemont’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs will not only prepare you to meet these essential requirements, but with the ability to specialize your MBA, you’ll develop knowledge and skills in a growing field that will further set you apart professionally. When you graduate, you will add the prestige of an MBA to your resume. By choosing a specialized track, you’ll earn an embedded certificate to further distinguish your professional expertise.
Choose Your Path to Success
Rosemont offers five distinct Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs. In addition to our traditional MBA, we offer four specialized MBA degrees—one in Strategic Leadership that will prepare you to be a leader in any field, and three that will prepare you to work in specific fields that have high demand for qualified business leaders: Healthcare Administration, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, and Human Resources Management.
- MBA (traditional)
- MBA in Healthcare Administration
- MBA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- MBA in Human Resources Management
- MBA in Strategic Leadership
A Well-Rounded Curriculum
All programs are 36 credits, comprised of 12 seven-week courses, which can be completed in a one-year accelerated format or spread across two years when taken part-time.
Full-time accelerated students take two courses every seven weeks for three semesters (fall, spring, summer), for a total of 36 credits of coursework. Part-time students can spread this out over two years.
All classes are taught through a developmental and student-centered methodology by business professionals who are practitioners in their fields. The focus of the program is on expanding your critical thinking and problem-solving skills through the use of case studies, collaborative learning, participant presentations, and issue analysis.
Core Courses (24 Credits)
All MBA students take 8 core business courses:
- MBA 6600: Leadership Fundamentals: Ethical Leadership & Values-Driven Organizations
- MBA 6620: Decision-Making Models and Strategies
- MBA 6651: Marketing Theory & Data Analysis
- MBA 6653: Managerial Economics in the Workplace
- MBA 6666: Financial Principles and Policies Management
- MBA 6705: Markets, Globalization & Culture
- MBA 6750: The Resilient and Responsive Organization
- MBA 6800: 21st Century Business Practices “ Capstone
Focus Area Curriculum (12 Credits)
Each student will take 6 courses in their chosen area of focus. For the specialized MBAs, these 6 courses result in an embedded professional certificate.
Through the traditional MBA track, you will work with your Academic Advisor to select 4 courses (12-credits) from any of Rosemont’s accelerated online master’s degree programs, allowing you the flexibility to focus on areas of personal or professional interest. This includes courses in cybersecurity, healthcare administration, homeland security & emergency management, human resource management, and strategic leadership—in any combination of your choosing.
MBA in Healthcare Administration (choose 4 courses from the following options)
- HCA 6001: Healthcare Organization and Administration
- HCA 6002: Economics of Healthcare and Public Policy
- HCA 6003: Risk Management and Patient Affairs
- HCA 6005: Psychosocial Aspects of Health
- HCA 6006: Long-term Care Administration
MBA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Students must take HLS 3100 Introduction to Homeland Security, and any other three courses listed below, substituting one course from this certificate for one of the MBA core courses listed above.
- HLS 3028: Comparative Government for Homeland Security
- HLS 3210: The Unconventional Threat to Homeland Security
- HLS 3660: Critical Infrastructure: Vulnerability Analysis and Protection
- HLS 4133: The Psychology of Terrorism
- HLS 4156: Intelligence for Homeland Security
- HLS 4239: Human Rights and Social Justice in the Age of Terrorism
- HLS 4881: Multi-disciplinary approaches to Homeland Security
MBA in Human Resources Management (choose 4 courses from the following options)
- HRM 6000: Organizational Strategy and Tactical Planning in Human Resources
- HRM 6010: Strategic Talent Management, Training, and Development
- HRM 6020: Human Resources Responsibility in Organizational Culture and Change
- HRM 6030: Legal and Ethical Human Resource Issues
- HRM 6040: Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management Practice
MBA in Strategic Leadership
- MSL 6625: Organizational Psychology and Behavior
- MSL 6670: Leading Change for Innovation and Alignment
- MSL 6710: Globalization and Cultural Negotiation
- MSL 6730: Developing a Learning Organization for the Knowledge-Based Economy
Skills and Outcomes
As a graduate from any of Rosemont’s MBA programs, you will be skilled in:
- Developing and implementing strategic planning models which demonstrate an understanding of an entity’s need for continuity and sustainability.
- Creating and applying quantitative business planning models to attain and improve outcomes.
- Demonstrating an understanding of marketing theory through the development of marketing plans.
- Appraising the role of multiculturalism and diversity in a global economy and design activities and plans to increase inclusion in the workplace.
- Incorporating ethical theory into all projects to denote an understanding of socially responsible organizations.
- Interpreting and applying the financial principles and policies needed to function effectively in a global economy.
Structured to Meet the Needs of Busy, Working Adults
- Convenient Online Format: Courses are offered online and structured to allow you to complete coursework independently, when it’s convenient for you.
- Manageable Coursework: Full-time accelerated students take two courses every seven weeks.
- Immediate ROI: Classroom learning will come to life through case studies where you’ll be encouraged to use your own job as a learning lab—which has the added benefit of reinforcing your value to your current employer.
- Experienced, Supportive Faculty: Our faculty are experienced professionals. They are experts in what they teach and have strong connections in their professional communities.
- Expand Your World: As busy adults, it can be hard to expand your worldview. Rosemont attracts a diverse student body, which brings different experiences and knowledge to the classroom, providing a robust learning experience.
- Easy & Free to Apply: We believe a quality education should be affordable and attainable, and our application process reflects this commitment. Applying is easy, and free.